After a long time spent in the studio I have decided to let my characters be released from the asylum and try to find new homes on Etsy. So here are a few little items I have put up.
The project with the asylum clowns has been a project that has been evolving for two years. It was then that I changed direction within my own art work and decided to use the theatrical design background I had with fine art. I had been reading books about Victorian Asylums and the treatment of patients. This is a subject that really intrigues me and I ended up visiting an old ruined asylum for research. I took a lot of photographs, and found plenty of inspiration from the derelict building.
The two dollies are my first tentative step using resin putty, which has become the essential material as well as fabric in the studio. I have really enjoyed making these, and shall be making more.
You can find these characters here ....